The RDUgolf Tour was finally gifted with some nice weather in the 60’s and no blistering wind!
The field of 48 golfers took on The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge in Pittsboro on Saturday, April 28th. A course steeped with rolling terrain, strategic bunkering, corners to cut, and holes that become increasingly tough once you let your guard down!
With green fairways and long, sunny days, it appears that a lot of golfers are beginning to find their game; This is evidenced by a number of new faces atop the leaderboard after 9 hole and in the winners circle
Thomas Walsh wins with day at a Net 67 (-5).
With a Gross 95, this is the first time Thomas has ever broken 100. Beginning golf in 2020, he has become obsessed with the game and has been working incredibly hard and today that hard work showed up!
A HUGE congrats to cracking such a big milestone in your golf career
- 1st place – Net: Thomas Walsh – 67 (-5)
- 2nd place – Net: Mark Taylor – 69 (-3)
- 1st place – Gross: John Gagliano – 69 (-3)
In our Optional Games, some cash with a $260 Skins pot and $134 CTP pot
Closest to the Pin put on an IMPRESSIVE show today with both winners sticking it to ~1.5’ from the hole
- Hole 6: John Gagliano
- Hole 12: Matt Herring
Skins were hard to come by with the course wielding 0 eagles and only 39 birdies across the field but 4 Skins were won:
- Hole 1 (379 yd, par-4): Sunil Verma
- Hole 2 (355 yd, par-4): Albie O’Connell
- Hole 7 (517 yd, par-5): Mark Taylor
- Hole 9 (421 yd, par-4): John Gagliano
Two people did miss out on that sweet, sweet Skins money by not joining the pot; with birdies Mike Silvestri on 4 and Jackson Shearer on 13
A few fun stats from the round:
- Scoring Average (Gross): 87.36
- Average Handicap: 12.5
- Hardest Hole: #15 (181 yd, par-3) played 1.29 strokes over par
- Easiest Hole: #10 (381 yd, par-4) played 0.5 strokes over par
- Eagles: 0
- Birdies: 39
- Pars: 289
- Bogeys: 345
- Doubles: 138
- Max-Scores: 53
Our next event is at The Preserve at Jordan Lake on Saturday, May 1st.
While Chapel Ridge allowed for some loose tee shots, The Preserve will not!
So, plan and practice accordingly!