36 golfers made the trek to Asheboro, NC on Saturday, May 23rd to play the Tot Hill Farm Golf Club.
Mike Strantz is one of the most unique and polarizing course designers that ever lived, and Tot Hill Farm is no exception. A former rock quarry which left the land scattered with boulders and vastly intriguing elevation changes with landing areas contouring through the former mining grounds.
Standing on these tee-boxes, you can see that this is FAR from your average course
The round came down to a Scorecard Playoff with two golfers tying for 1st-Net with a -2, 70!
Congratulations to Dave Mills on todays win on such a tough course.
Back-to-back birdies on 2 & 3 started the round strong, and course knowledge provided great help!
- T-1st – Net: Dave Mills – -2, 70 (won in a scorecard playoff)
- T-1st – Net: Craig Walton – -2, 70
- 3rd – Net: Jonathan Citty – even, 72
Another scorecard playoff determined the Gross winner and provided John his 5th of the season.
- T-1st – Gross: John Gagliano – even, 72 (won in a scorecard playoff)
- T-1st – Gross: Craig Walton – even, 72
The Skins and CTP pots were $200 and $90, respectively
Closest to the Pin was on an approachable 140 yard par-3 #5 and a severely downhill 149 yard #15 with a tight pin placement
- Hole 5: Patrick Young
- Hole 15: Julian Jahoo
7 Skins were won across the field at Tot Hill
- Hole 1 (423, par-4): Mike Walton
- Hole 4 (478, par-5): John Gagliano
- Hole 5 (516, par-5): Craig Walton
- Hole 8 (493, par-5): Les Aliff
- Hole 12 (364, par-4): Chris Champagne
- Hole 13 (141, par-3): Craig Walton
- Hole 15 (139, par-3): Julian Jahoo
Two golfers would have made skins, if they had joined the optional game:
- Hole 7 (368, par-4): Trent Menzer
- Hole 17 (397, par-4): John Carosso
Congrats to the CTP and Skins winners.
Your Venmos are now a little fuller!
A few notable events from the round:
- Mike Walton on #1 with a 40’ birdie putt
- Josh Taylor with a 400-yard drive
- Domonic Condomitti shooting 17 strokes better on the back 9 than the front
- Craig Walton shooting even par (72) for the first time
Course stats from the round:
- Scoring Average (Gross): 91.28
- Average Handicap: 13.8
- Hardest Hole: #1 (423, par-4). Played 1.61 strokes over par
- Easiest Hole: #18 (450, par-5). Played 0.42 over par
- Eagles: 1
- Birdies: 34
- Pars: 209
- Bogeys: 183
- Doubles: 116
Our next event is at Mill Creek on Saturday, June 5th in Mebane, NC. A course with a strong layout and greens that run quick!
We still have a few spots open, so get in if you can!