We have conquered the infamous Tobacco Road!
Double points, a custom Lie+Loft print, and Brookfields Indoor golf gift certificates have been distributed!
Huge shoutout and thank you to the staff at Tobacco Road for being incredibly accommodating through the process of setting up this event and day-of the tournament:
Martha Hudson, Chris Brown, and Hunter Prevatte
And a special thanks for Billy Richard for some AMAZING photography and drone footage from the event.
Follow him at @Carolina_Pines_Golf
Tobacco Road is one of the most famous course in the world; a “must play” on all golf trips to Pinehurst, and the RDUgolf Tour was lucky enough to have 48 golfers trek the former sand quarry.
With blind shots, mental intimidation, and uncommon hole layouts, the true test was trusting your swing, your distance, and your course knowledge, this was the lowest average scoring, across the entire field, event of the season!
In this event, the low-handicappers came to play and that trust in their game shined!
John Gagliano and Scott Tarcy put on a show!!
Both golfers were -2 (gross) through 9, but eagles on BOTH par-5 on the back kept Gagliano in the game and both finished T-1 through 18.
With a Bird on #9, Gagliano won the scorecard playoff
Congratulations to John Gagliano on winning both Net (-4, 67) AND Gross (-3, 68) win and taking home a custom print from Lie+Loft and a 4-hour simulator session at Brookfields Indoor Golf!
John is officially the first 2x winner in RDUgolf Tour history after also winning the season opener at Knights Play
- 1st – Net: John Gagliano (-4, 67)
- 2nd – Net: Scott Tarcy (-4, 67)
- 3rd – Net: Faheem Amod (-3, 68)
- 1st – Gross: John Gagliano (+3, 68)
- 2nd – Gross: Scott Tarcy (-2, 69)
- 3rd – Gross: Faheem Amod (E, 71)
The Skins and CTP pots were $310 and $165, respectively
- Hole 3 (173 yds): Scott Tarcy (4’11”)
- Hole 14 (178 yds): Michael Walton (5’1″)
Skins occurred on 9/18 holes!
Winners were provided $34.44 per skin:
|Holes 4 & 7: Jackson Shearer|
|Holes 11 & 13: John Gagliano|
|Par-4, Hole 2 (357 yd): Michael Todd|
|Par-3, Hole 14 (178 yd): Michael Walton|
|Par-3, Hole 6 (143 yd): Scott Tarcy|
|Holes 16 & 18: Scott VanderMeer|
Congrats to the CTP and Skins winners.
Course stats from the round:
- Scoring Average (Gross): 87.90
- Average Handicap: 11.37
- Hardest Hole: #18 (414, par-4): 1.41 over par
- Easiest Hole: #8 (173, par-3): 0.359 over par
- Eagles: 5
- Birdies: 56
- Pars: 261
- Bogeys: 281
- Doubles: 161
A few notable events from the round:
- John Gagliano: 100% FW’s hit!
- Mike Silvestri: New personal best (+9)!
- Som Khot: 20 yd chip-in for birdie on #3
- Tom Parrish: 2 chip-in eagles (#5 from 20 yds & #13 15 yds from waste area)
- Craig Walton: Lipped out of a hile-in-one on 8
- Austin Odling: taking off the shoes and playing from the water on 14
The next event is in 3 weeks:
Devils Ridge Country Club on Sunday, August 29th, teeing off at 12:30