Cutter Creek 4.30.22
Courses are out of dormancy, and golfers are getting their game in order!
Just a small drive from Raleigh, and we were treat to what is EASILY one of the best hidden gems in North Carolina!
Cutter Creek was in phenomenal condition and the greens were some of the purest, hardest I have seen in 2022; if you missed a putt, there was no question that it was your fault!
The layout is is approachable and relaxing leaves ample amounts of risk/rewards; carrying numbers to cut distance, drivable par-4’s and one hell of a par-5 18th hole if you need to make up some strokes!
A HUGE thank you to Mike Wesko and his team for having the RDUgolf Tour at Cutter Creek; I sincerely hope all of you make another trip out the play here again soon!
Matt Langevin & EVAN BOYER!
M. Langevin took 1st NET with -3, 69 (nice). After finishing 22nd and 14th in recent events, his game is coming into full form!
E. Boyer took 1st Gross with +1, 71.
3 birds on the front, very few bogeys, and a LOT of pars thanks to 13 GIR’s and his deft scrambling touch!
1. Matthew Langevin (-3, 69)
2. Jacob Van Leeuwen (-2, 70)*
* Won in a scorecard playoff with J. Scott
1. Evan Boyer (-1, 71)
2. Jacon Van Leeuwen (E, 72)
Hole 3: Phil Arana (4’7″)
Hole 15: Michael Miller (5’7″)
4: K. Hayward
8. A. Gilliam
9. J. Olsen
11. P. Creghan
16. S. Beamer
- Scoring Average (Gross): 91.13
- Field Size: 64
- Avg Handicap: 13.34
- Hardest Hole: 17 (184, Par-3) Avg 1.40 over par. Giving only 13 pars!
- Easiest Hole: 6 (303, Par-4) Avg 0.65 over par and gave up 11 birds
- Eagles: 2
- Birdies: 60
- Pars: 336
- Bogeys: 391
- Doubles: 170
Highlights of the Round
- Patrick Creghan: 3.5′ from an Ace on the par-4 12th
- Jacob Van Leeuwen: Getting onto 18 green in 2 unlike 2021 Match Play!
- Caleb Reyes & Evan Atherton: taking the shoes off and hitting from the water
- Jerry Stackhouse: having the luxury to play right after our event!
Royal New Kent
Wed June 29th
Mid South Club,