The RDUgolf Tour held their inaugural event on Saturday, February 20th at Knights Play Golf Center where 43 golfers tested their iron game in Apex, NC.
After weeks of rain in central NC and temperatures in the low 40’s all the way down to freezing the par-3 course, equipped with stadium lights to play into the evening, tested our iron game and exposed some ball striking!
Congrats the the FIRST EVER winner of an RDUgolf Tour event: John Gagliano! Firing off a +3, 57 which included a near-ACE on hole 12. We were less than 1 revolution from him buying us all drinks!
Across the group, 7 Skins were won ($27 each) and 2 CTP winners took home $57 each:
- Joe Setchell (1 skin) with a birdie on #1 – what a way to start the day!
- Sean Droese taking home a good bank of $111 with 2 skins (5 & 17) and 1 CTP (17)
- Asdique Ahmed (1 skin), with a bird on #4
- Carter Allen (1 skin) on 11
- Todays winner: John Gagliano (1 skin) on 12, where is had less that 1 revolution to be an ACE
- Patrick Young (1 Skin) with a 2 on 14
- Christopher Champagne with a CTP on the #7 island hole!
As the night grew on and the temperatures went down, the scores started to go up. The most difficult holes across the group was the 16th; playing 198 tonight, it played 1.55 over par, closely followed by the difficult #12, which was 1.51 strokes over par.
The string of short holes 13-15 were the kindest to the group only bolstering 0.79 (13th), 0.90 (14th), and 0.98 (15th) over par
The group saw:
- 13 Birdies
- 192 Pars
- 300 Bogeys
- 152 Doubles Bogeys
- 116 Triple Bogeys (max)
Our next event, and first full-length tournament is Saturday, March 6th at Pine Hollow in Clayton
And a HUGE thank you to Billy Richards for the AMAZING hype video for this event!