43 golfers today at The Preserve at Jordan Lake on Saturday, May 1st were treated to a TOUGH course and some difficult pin positions.
Our 2nd event so far on a Davis Love III course, I think we call all confirm that he does not like to give golfers flay lies;
sloping fairways, undulating greens, and terrain around greens which provided nearly impossibly chips if you were just off the green.
The Preserve was a true test for all of us!
Les Aliff passed that test by winning with a Net 71 (-1).
Shooting a Gross 76 with 3 birdies and 10 pars, Les kept himself out of trouble and executed when shots needed to be made.
Les has now qualified for our Championship event at Talamore on October 17th to try and take home the trophy
- 1st place – Net: Les Aliff – 71 (-1)
- T-2nd place – Net: Jonathan Citty (+1)
- T-2nd place – Net: Sean Droese – 73 (+1)
Citty won in a scorecard playoff with a par on the #1 handicap hole (8)
- 1st place – Gross: John Gagliano 70 (-2)
This is Johns 4th Gross win of the season, so far
Optional games had some winners with a $250 Skins pot and $110 CTP pot
Closest to the Pin was a tricky 6th hole and a very comfortable 17th.
The 6th was ~1.5’ away while the 17th was won from ~10’
- Hole 6: Mark Taylor
- Hole 17: George White
6 Skins were won today for a total of $40 each
- Hole 2 (402, Par-4): Craig Walton
- Hole 4 (389, par-4): John Gagliano
- Hole 6 (156, Par 3): Mark Taylor
- Hole 7 (294, Par-4): Mark Taylor
- Hole 13 (341, Par-4): Garrett Hunt
- Hole 14 (500, Par-5): Preston Sinclair
Would-be Skins, if they had joined the pot:
- Hole 16 (548, par-5): Les Aliff
- Hole 18 (372, par-4): Robert Ewing
Congrats to Saturdays winners;
Your winnings have been sent out via Venmo
A few notable shots from the round:
- Sean Droese 20’ birdie from the top tier on the TOUGH #1
- Mark Taylor with back-to-back birdies on 6 & 7
- Mark Taylor with a 50’ birdie putt from off the green on #11 (190, par-3)
- John Gagliano with a bogey-less round (and 2 birds) and 15 GIR’s
- Jacob Van Leeuwen with the low-putts on the day with 29
- Ben Esposito with the most FW’s hit at 12
Course stats from the round:
- Scoring Average (Gross): 92.06
- Average Handicap: 10.94
- Hardest Hole: #10 (428, par-4)played 1.51 strokes over par
- Easiest Hole: #6 (156, par-3)played 0.49 strokes over par
- Eagles: 0
- Birdies: 32
- Pars: 232
- Bogeys: 245
- Doubles: 142
- Max-Scores: 121
Our next event is scheduled for May 22nd at Tot Hill Farm in Asheboro, NC.
So get ready for some Mike Strantz insanity!
We still have a few spaces available in the Mill Creek event on June 5th and River Ridge on September 11th.
So if you want to get in on the fun, get signed up!