We’re nearing the end of the regular season with 10 events down, 2 to go, and 1 champion to be crowned, it is time to pass on some league news!
- 2022 Season Planning Survey
- Year-End Party
- Official Hat Pre-Order
- New League Partner + Updates
- Recent Event Updates
- Personal Accomplishments
2022 feels like a long way away, but for the Tour, planning has officially begun!
We want to get your opinions on a few early topics.
Please take this short 8 question survey to help planning
(Another survey will occur in the offseason to handle some non-time sensitive league questions)
Year End Party!
Mark your calendars, we will be celebrating the end of our inaugural season!
Friday, October 22nd
@ Brookfields Indoor Golf & Lounge
Crown the 2021 League Champion, various season awards, catered food, Simulator games, beverages, hanging out with friends, and announcements for 2022!
More info to come…
We’re making it official and doing our first bit of merch!
We will custom ordering embroidered hats from one of the best hat brands in the game:
- Pre-Order will run from 8/11-8/20
- $20-23 (depending on quantity pre-sold
- Pickup in downtown Raleigh or at an event
Local Partner Updates:
The RDUgolf Tour is excited to announce a partnership with ChisDaddy Golf!
Based near Keith Hills, Jacob Chisler specializes in club building, repair, restoration, and customization
ChisDaddy Golf is offering RDUgolf Tour members 40% off of all services with promo code “RDUGolfTour”
Update 1: Brookfields Indoor Golf & Lounge
After a successful opening in June and providing 4-hour simulator rentals to Major Event winners, they are providing us a new offer:
$20 off 2-hour simulator bookings ($80 value) for all RDUgolf Tour members!
Update 2: FitGolf Performance Center of the Triangle
FitGolf Performance Center of the Triangle has released a new newsletter, focusing on lower back pains and stretches for golfers!
On a personal note, I have been working with Ryan from FitGolf over the past few months, and have alleviated some significant issues in my right hip, not allowing me to fully rotate, leading to an over-the-top swing and a slice. I CANNOT recommend FitGolf enough!
Recent Event Updates:
Since the last newsletter we have had 2 majors and 1 regular season event
Each event has created a LOT of movement in the season-long Points Leaderboard, but we’re not done yet!
What’s most enjoyable to see is a LOT of golfers are finding their swing and setting new personal records!
Congrats to our recent winners:
Bentwinds Major: Tyler Fowler
UNC Finley: Chris Norton
Tobacco Road Major: John Gagliano (net AND gross)
The people of RDUgolf Tour are really what makes this league great and we appreciate all of you and want to share in your accomplishments.
Our league members have been crossing off a lot of great milestones in life!
- New Personal best round (77) – Jonathan Citty
- New Personal best round (64) – John Gagliano @ Eagle Ridge
- New Personal best round AND breaking 80 for the first time (75) – Ian Lay @ Prestonwood CC
- New Personal best round (75) – Tyler Fowler
- New Personal best round (87) – Mike Silvestri @ Tobacco Road, during our event
- First time under par on 9 holes (35) – John Wolfe
- First time hitting 100% fairways in a tournament – John Gagliano @ Tobacco Road
- 2 hole-out eagles in 1 round – Tom Parrish @ Tobacco Road, during our event
- Welcoming a new baby girl – Dermot McElhennon
- Recently married! – Patrick Young
- A large promotion at work – Casey Fonville
- Recently joined Bentwinds Country Club – Robert Ewing
- Recently joined Hope Valley Country Club – Faheem Amod & Caleb Reyes
- Recently joined Brier Creek Country Club – Rosh Taheri
- Closing on and moving into a new house – Sunil Verma
Congrats to all of you on your accomplishments!
I’m so glad to see so many great successes and hope for many more for all of us!
Back when I started this league, I had no idea how (or if) this would all turn out, and now the RDUgolf Tour has brought an incredible amount of amazing people into my life!
Thank you all for being a part of this!